Repeat - 01






Podcast #1 In the Supermarket

ESL-Aloud is a podcast program aimed at people who already know some English and who wish to expand that knowledge through listening and speaking.

The sentences shown below are the ones included in this podcast. You may want to have them in view while you are listening to the podcast. Or you may want to print them out for when you are away from a computer. Different people have different learning styles, so you have to decide when it is best to see the sentences and when it is best to practice speaking the sentences without seeing them.
Sentences in Podcast #1
Excuse me, where can I find the rice?
Excuse me, can you tell me where the rice is?
Excuse me, which aisle is the rice in?

Excuse me, where can I find the bread?
Excuse me, can you tell me where the bread is?
Excuse me, which aisle is the bread in?

Would you like me to show you?
Would you like me to show you where the bread is?
Do you want me to show you?
Do you want me to show you where the bread is?

Yes, thank you.
Thanks, I appreciate that.
Thanks, that's very kind of you.

No, that's OK.
No, that's fine.
No, I'll be able to find it .
Thank you, but that's not necessary.

How are you today?
How are you doing?
How's it going?

Not bad, and you?
Not bad at all, thanks.
Can't complain.
Pretty good, thanks.

Yesterday I went to the supermarket.
I picked out a few things, but I couldn't find the bread.
I asked one of the people there where the bread was.
He told me it was on aisle number 9.
He asked if I wanted him to show me.
I said that was not necessary.
I got the bread by myself and went to the checkout counter.
The clerk asked how I was doing.
I said that I couldn't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment