Conversation 069 - Japan




Todd: Hello! What is your name?
Kentaro: My name is Kentaro.
Todd: Kentaro. And what is your full name?
Kentaro: My full name is Kentaro Sugimori.
Todd: Sugimori.
Kentaro: Mm-hm.
Todd: OK. And where are you from?
Kentaro: I'm originally from Hamamatsu city. Which is in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan.
Todd: Oh, really. Shizuoka is a nice place.
Kentaro: Oh, really?
Todd: Yeah!
Kentaro: Have you been there?
Todd: Yeah, I used to live there.
Kentaro: Oh..Great!
Todd: Tell me about Japan.
Kentaro: Well, Japan is, comparing to the States, it's small, homogeneous, however and it also has it's own culture.
Todd: OK. Yeah. Yeah. I agree. Japanese culture is very, very unique.
Kentaro: Mm-hm.
Todd: What is the capital city of Japan?
Kentaro: Tokyo.
Todd: Tokyo?
Kentaro: I believe so.
Todd: OK! Yeah, and who is the leader of the country?
Kentaro: Well, our political leader is Mr. Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro.
Todd: OK.
Kentaro: But our psychological leader will be our Emperor.
Todd: OK. Nice, and do you like the Prime Minister?
Kentaro: Yes, I like him.
Todd: OK. Yeah, me too. Alright. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment