Conversation 108 - Happy





Todd: Masako, I was very surpised to hear that you are actually a grandparent.
Masako: Yes, yes
Todd: You look very young. I was very shocked. Tell me about your grandchild.
Masako: She's a baby. Of course. A baby, a baby girl. And her name is, it's Holly.
Todd: Uh-huh.
Masako: Holly
Todd: Holly
Masako: Holly. H-O-L-L-Y. And in, with Japanese kanji, it's written with the two parts, and one part is the tree, and another part is winter. So she was born in winter. Her name is winter tree.
Todd: Oh, that's nice.
Masako: And it's, her name is "Shuu". It sounds like a boys name, but her parents want to, want her to be a boyish girl.
Todd: Oh, OK. Oh, like a tomboy.
Masako: Yeah, maybe.
Todd: Maybe. Um, so how does it feel to be a grandmother?
Masako: I'm very proud of it. And then I know if I see her, if she's with me, living near to my house, then I forget every other thing and then I'm just very...how do you say? A grand mother who is really occupied with her grandchild.
Todd: Oh, yeah, like just um
Masako: Baba-baka in Japanese.
Todd: Baba-baka....Well congratulations on the grandchild.
Masako: Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment